People live here!
All Aboard Northwest advocates for the needs of rail passengers, especially on a regional scale over state lines, and coordinates with infrastructure and transportation interests to strengthen relationships between existing groups to bring economic, environmental, and equity benefits to our citizens.
- The Region AANW operates in the Greater Northwest region, extending from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Washington and Oregon).
- Vision A national transportation network that provides seamless, door-to-door connectivity to everyone in the region; and offers economic, environmental and equity benefits to all, including low-income, tribal, disability and rural communities, locations where transportation alternatives are limited, and those who cannot drive.
- Goal Our goal is to build a transportation network that will allow anyone to get where they need to go – work, school, medical care, family and friends – even if they don’t use a car. Non-drivers are a large and increasing fraction of the population, including the young, the old, the disabled, the poor, and those who are concerned about the planet’s future.
- Opportunities and Challenges Unprecedented federal funding is available for transportation alternatives, but decisions regarding rail are made not only in Washington DC, but also in state capitols throughout the country.
- Achieving the Vision AANW’s small staff conducts outreach, education, engagement, and coordination of stakeholders to build an effective coalition to bring about new and enhanced services throughout the region. AANW provides professional content, training and technical assistance to existing advocacy groups, while enhancing their message in locations not currently served.
- Current Activities During 2022, AANW’s primary focus is to help the Greater Northwest region take advantage of opportunities from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL).
- Future Activities Focus on activities beyond 2022 that will fulfill regional goals.
- Leadership The AAWA staff includes community leaders who have significant professional background and a proven record of success in advocacy.
- AANW'S 3 Es AANW's vision is for a multi-modal transportation connectivity for the Greater Northwest Region of the United States focused around a robust passenger rail system core, to provide communities with economic, environmental and equity benefits.
- Partners Expanding passenger rail service means that we must all work together to advocate for more trains and better service.
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement All Aboard Northwest (AANW) strives to be a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization where all employees, volunteers, and board members, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for volunteer opportunities, employment, and advancement in all of our programs and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.